Who We Are
Who We Are
AIAJacksonville is a Chapter of The American Institute of Architects (AIA) representing and serving AIAFlorida members in Duval, Clay, St. Johns and Nassaucounties.Within these counties, AIAJacksonville represents and serves over 400 individual member architects, associates, and allied design professionals who are working in fields allied to architecture. Organizationally, we are a local membership organization incorporated as a 501(c) 6 non-profit corporation and guided by the laws of the State of Florida.
What We Stand For
AIA is Architects—the community of architects, joining together to accomplish things individual architects cannot do alone.
Why We Exist
Our community exists to help each other put our talents to work to create better places for people to live, work and play through:
- Community - building a healthy and welcoming profession
- Knowledge - sharing experience and wisdom
- Advocacy - extending the influence of our profession’s values.
Our Mutual Goals Include:
- Organizing and uniting in fellowship with members of the architectural profession within our region.
- Promoting the aesthetic, scientific and practical efficiency of the architectural profession.
- Advancing the science and art of planning and building by advancing the standard of architectural education, training and practice.
- Coordinating the profession of architecture with the building industry to insure the advancement of the living standard of people through their improved environment.
- Working to insure the architectural profession is of ever-increasing value to society.
- Protecting the rights and interests of our members and advocating on their behalf.
AIA Jacksonville Mission Statement
Through the promotion and advancement of the profession of architecture, AIA Jacksonville advocates for a healthy, desirable, and sustainable built environment in Jacksonville and throughout all of Northeast Florida.