The AIA Jacksonville Design and Honor Awards Program is the method by which the Jacksonville architectural profession honors members, advocates, and industry participants to encourage excellence in architecture, to elevate public consciousness of good planning and design and to recognize those whose work or advocacy enriches the built environment. Design and Honor Awards are bestowed upon members and participants who have contributed to the advancement of architecture, urban planning, art and craftsmanship.
Meet the 2020 Design Awards Jury:
James Barnes, Senior Partner – Foster + Partners
Anne K. Smith, FAIA, NCARB, LEED BD+C
Jerry Lominack, FAIA, NCARB
The 2020 Design & Honor Awards Gala is scheduled for September 19. Details coming soon!
Projects selected for recognition by the Jury will receive an “Award of Excellence” or “Award of Merit” at the discretion of the jury, with the Award of Excellence being reserved for the most deserving.
DESIGN AWARDS CATEGORIES
- Built Projects: Projects must have been completed, or substantially completed, between January 2015 and December 2019.
- Commercial: This sub-category recognizes built projects of all types that are non-residential in nature.
- Residential: This sub-category recognizes built projects of all types that are residential in nature, both single family and multi-family.
- Unbuilt Projects: Projects must have been designed or crafted since January 2015 by AIA members, firms, or emerging professionals. Eligibility includes projects not built at this time or those which may never be built.
- Commercial: This sub-category recognizes unbuilt projects of all types that are non-residential in nature.
- Residential: This sub-category recognizes unbuilt projects of all types that are residential in nature, both single family and multi-family.
Eligibility: An architectural project designed by a member of the Jacksonville Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, regardless of project location, shall be eligible to be submitted for an award as long as the design occurred within the Chapter office and was substantially completed during the five previous calendar years. No project previously receiving a Jacksonville Chapter Award is eligible.
Entry Fee: Each entry is $150.
Entry Deadline Extended: Friday, May 1, 2020
Submission Deadline Extended: Friday, May 29, 2020
Click HERE to view Honor Awards information.